CONTRACT: 3 Months
SALARY: R10 000 Per Month
ABOUT KARIYA ENERGY
Kariya Energy is a full-cycle E&P company with a unique African asset portfolio.
Kariya Energy is seeking a South African-based, qualified, motivated corporate finance intern.
The intern will work on a variety of transactions, including M&A, equity capital markets, corporate valuation, board advisory and capital raises. The internship programme will give the intern hands on expertise and skills in preparation for future roles in any organization.
Closing Date: 31 July 2022
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Business or Economics
• Knowledge of corporate finance and financial markets
• Must have general energy sector knowledge in Africa
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
• Creativity and intellectual curiosity
• Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
• Less than 6 months working experience
BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
• Ability to conduct technical investigations and research under supervision.
• Ability to relate to members of a team and work within a team setting.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
• Ability to show initiative, drive, and disposition to learn.
• Willingness to work outside the normal office hours.
AS PART OF THE PROGRAMME, THE INTERN WILL:
• Set Internship Development Goals (IDGs) with mentor and partake in the on-going monitoring and evaluation of the progress of one’s performance with trainers and senior management
• Gain knowledge, skills and hands-on experience
• Understudy and perform duties in several operational areas including development and support of operational based business systems
• Demonstrate an interest in updating personal knowledge of existing industry trends
• Observe experienced staff and gain knowledge about policies, procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing one’s duties in Kariya.
Kariya Energy is a pan-African company and an equal opportunities employer. Our philosophy is to recruit and professionally develop Africans to support our operations continent-wide.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to email@example.com. Please quote the position title EEP INTERN– KARIYA ENERGY (1X) – CORPORATE FINANCE as a reference when submitting your application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The intern will be assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include (but are not limited to):
• Conduct extensive quantitative economic, industry and company research and analysis
• Evaluate risk/return parameters of financing transactions
• Financial modelling, valuation, comparable & relative value analyses and market-specific analysis