CONTRACT: 3 Months
SALARY: R10 000 per Month
ABOUT ATLAS PETROLEUM
Atlas Petroleum and its sister company Oranto Petroleum represent Africa’s largest privately-held exploration and production group by acreage. With an unrivalled knowledge of African energy sectors and plays, Atlas and Oranto seek to create long-term value with investment strategies that benefit our partners, host countries and their citizens.
As an intern, the nature of your role will be defined by your skills as well as the needs of the business but your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assist with the collecting, auditing and maintenance of databases.
• Working on projects and supporting the team to find the best solutions.
• Ensure that work is conducted within the required ISO standards and prevailing national standards, norms, best practices, and guidelines.
• Participation in statutory projects and conducting work within the required project-specific standards.
BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
• Ability to conduct technical investigations and research under supervision.
• Ability to relate to members of a team and work within a team setting.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
• Ability to show initiative, drive, and disposition to learn.
• Willingness to work outside the normal office hours.
AS PART OF THE PROGRAMME, THE INTERN WILL:
• Set Internship Development Goals (IDGs) with mentor and partake in the on-going monitoring and evaluation of the progress of one’s performance with trainers and senior management.
• Gain knowledge, skills and hands-on experience.
• Understudy and perform duties in several operational areas including development and support of operational based business systems.
• Demonstrate an interest in updating personal knowledge of existing industry trends.
• Observe experienced staff and gain knowledge about policies, procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing one’s duties in Atlas.
Atlas Petroleum is an indigenous African company and an equal opportunities employer. Our philosophy is to recruit and professionally develop Africans to support our operations continent-wide.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote the position title EEP INTERN– ATLAS PETROLEUM (1X) – GEOSCIENCE/GEOPHYSICS, PETROLEUM ENGINEERING as a reference when submitting your application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 31 July 2022