The African Energy Chamber’s Education Fund is delighted to announce the release of the scholarship application guidelines. This initiative aims to support and empower outstanding African students pursuing education in the energy sector. The application period is open from June 2023 and will close on 31 August 2023, giving eligible applicants ample time to apply.
This guideline will provide you with the necessary information and steps to successfully apply for the scholarship. Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting your application.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country and 35 years old or younger.
- Applicants must have a strong academic record and demonstrate a commitment to the energy sector.
- Applicants should be enrolled or planning to enrol in an accredited educational institution, pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or program related to the oil and gas/ energy sector (e.g., engineering, geosciences, economics, finance, law, etc.).
- Financial need may be taken into consideration, but it is not the sole determining factor.
- Preference will be given to female applicants.
- Required Documents
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume: Include information (such as age and contact details), details of your education, work experience, extracurricular activities, and any relevant achievements.
- Academic transcripts: Provide official or certified copies of your academic transcripts, demonstrating your academic performance to date.
- Personal statement: Write a compelling personal statement outlining your interest in the energy sector, your career goals, and how the scholarship will contribute to your aspirations.
- Recommendation letters: Submit at least two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your character, academic abilities, and potential in the energy sector. These individuals could be professors, employers, or professionals in the industry.
- Proof of enrolment: If you are currently enrolled in an educational institution, provide proof of your enrolment. If you are a prospective student, you may submit your acceptance letter or any other documentation indicating your admission to a relevant program.
- Any additional supporting documents: If you have any other documents that you believe strengthen your application (e.g., certificates, awards, publications, etc.), include them as well.
- Application Process
To apply, please follow the following steps:
- Review this guideline and prepare the necessary documents listed above. Ensure that all documents are complete, up-to-date and in the required format (PDF).
- Submit your application and supporting documents via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: AEC Energy Education Fund Application.
- Do not submit multiple applications.
- Application deadline is 31 August 2023. Any application received after this date will not be considered.
- Selection Process
- Application review: The African Energy Chambers Education Fund committee will carefully review all submitted applications and evaluate them based on the eligibility criteria, academic achievements, personal statement, and letters of recommendation.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview, either in person or via video conferencing, to further assess their suitability for the scholarship.
- Final selection: The scholarship recipients will be selected based on the overall evaluation of their application, interview (if applicable), and available funds.
- Notification and Award
- Notification: All applicants will be notified of the scholarship committee’s decision. Successful applicants will receive an official notification letter detailing the scholarship award.
- Acceptance and acknowledgment: Scholarship recipients must formally accept the scholarship award within the specified timeframe and provide any requested documentation or information for administrative purposes.
- Disbursement: Scholarship funds will be disbursed according to the terms and conditions outlined in the notification letter
For more information about this Fund, please visit our www.energychamber.org.
About the African Energy Chamber:
The African Energy Chamber or the Chamber, is the largest and most prominent African energy advocacy group and the organiser of African Energy Week, the biggest indigenous energy conference on the African continent promoting investment and driving the development of the African energy industry.
As an organization dedicated to improving the African energy sector and fostering a sustainable energy future for the continent, the Chamber recognizes the importance of investing in youth and supporting heightened participation and excellence. The AEC African Energy Education Fund is an annual program aimed at supporting young Africans who are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in oil, gas and energy-related fields.