THE AFRICAN ENERGY CHAMBER
The African Energy Chamber (“AEC”) is a non-profit organization operating in the African energy sector. Utilizing its strong network, the AEC facilitates collaborations, encourages the reshaping of policy and provide leadership and guidance in the continent’s fast-growing energy sector.
AEC obtains consent when the data subject provides us with personal information on our website, this includes, but is not limited to, data subject’s name, surname, contact number and email address. The AEC will obtain consent if we ask for the data subject’s personal information for a secondary reason.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
AEC collects personal information through one of the following means:
- When a data subjects contacts AEC or requests information or services;
- AEC provides services to data subjects;
- Persons applying for job opportunities at AEC;
- When persons use AEC’s websites or engage with AEC through social media.
- AEC may collect the information directly from a data subject or from third parties.
- The interaction with AEC on the website will result in the collection of information regarding the person’s activities on the website. Similarly, when anyone engages with the AEC on any other social media platforms.
- When engaging with clients on matters, AEC will naturally be exposed to and collect personal information which includes the data subject’s name, contact details, financial information as well as information regarding the matters that the firm assists them with.
- As part of its recruitment processes, AEC collects information from graduates and employment applicants. This information includes educational information as well as employment history. By enquiring regarding employment opportunities at AEC or applying for employment, applicants are deemed to provide their consent to AEC’s processing of their personal information for recruitment purposes, which may include screening as well as background and reference checks
4. BASIS AND PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
AEC may process and use personal information:
- To deliver the services the data subject requires, in order to provide and maintain our service;
- For research purposes;
- To notify the data subject about changes to our service;
- To allow the data subject to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service;
- To monitor the usage of our service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide the data subject with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those the data subject have already used or enquired about unless the data subject have opted not to receive such information;
- Demographical and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of this website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users;
- If the data subject subscribes for data, news, announcements, alerts or any such information to be emailed from the website. The data subject’s details shall be contained on our database until such time the data subject chose to unsubscribe from this service.
- Marketing and promotion of AEC’s services;
- Providing and improving services to clients;
- Improving users’ experience when using AEC’s websites;
- Communicating with persons for AEC’s internal purposes;
- Enabling AEC’s internal operations; and
- Exercising and defending legal rights.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will not be sold to third parties or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organizations without the data subject’s permission.
AEC may release personal information or disclose it to third parties in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- if AEC is required or authorised to do so by law or a court order;
- In order for AEC to enforce its rights;
- In order for AEC to provide services to its clients.
- Third parties who provide research services to AEC or its clients;
- Government authorities and registries, organs of state, regulators, courts, tribunals and law enforcement agencies.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by AEC may be transferred to persons in other countries. Those countries’ laws might not protect personal information in the same way or on the same level as the law in the data subject’s country.
Your data may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
7. DELIVERY POLICY
Subject to availibilitu and receipt of payment, requests will be processed in 7 (seven) days and delivery (if any) confirmed by e-mail.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTION
The offering on this website is available to all clients, globally.
9. RETURN AND REFUNDS POLICY
The provision of goods and services by AEC is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, AEC will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a zero% administration fee.
The AEC takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on the website, service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
11. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies store information regarding website visitors. Cookies are sent to the data subject’s browser from a website and stored on the device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse AEC services provided.
The data subject can instruct its browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Some portions of AEC’s services may not be provided or the data subject’s experience on the site may be diminished if the data subject chooses not to accept cookies.
13. DIRECT MARKETING
AEC may send marketing and promotional communications and material to data subjects. Data subjects may opt out from receiving such communications by contacting AEC at the details provided below or by clicking on the opt-out link that will be contained in the relevant electronic communication.
14. SECURITY OF DATA
To protect the data subject’s personal information, AEC takes reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
AEC shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.poIity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
15. PAYMENT OPTIONS ACCEPTED
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the African Energy Chamber’s bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
16. CARD ACQUIRING AND SECURITY
Card transactions will be acquired for AEC via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
17. CUSTOMER DETAILS SEPARATE FROM CARD DETAILS
Customer details will be stored by AEC separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more details on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
18. MERCHANT OULET COUNTRY AND TRANSACTION CURRENCY
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR) and United Stated Dollar (USD).
19. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers utilised by AEC will only collect, use and disclose the data subject’s information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either the data subject or AEC. If the data subject elects to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, the data subject’s information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
20. “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
AEC does not support Do Not Track (‘DNT’). Do Not Track is a preference the data subject can set on its web browser to inform websites that it does not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
21. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
AEC’s service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by AEC. AEC has no control over and assumes no responsibility nor any liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party website, sites or services.
22. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
The law might provide data subjects with rights to access, amend or delete personal information that is in the possession of AEC. However, AEC may, in certain instances, legally refuse or decline such requests. If applicable, a data subject may also have the right to object to AEC’s processing of their personal information or to file a complaint with a regulator. If a data subject wishes to exercise their rights, they can contact AEC at the details provided below. AEC may charge data subjects a fee for accessing, amending or deleting their personal information. Data subjects are encouraged to contact AEC in order to update their personal information as and when necessary.
23. APPLICABLE LAWS
The AEC may, in its sole discretion, change the agreement or any part thereof without notice
25. CONTACT DETAILS
The website is run by Streamline Technology PTY LTD, a private company based in South Africa with registration number 2013/216312/07. SM Calaz are the director hereof.
The Compliance Officer
The African Energy Chamber
Suite 24 Katherine & West
114 West Street
Telephone: +27 11 245 5900