Trident Energy was formed with a focused mission: to unlock the value of mid-life oil & gas assets. These are fields that are no longer central to their owners’ strategic goals but can still deliver growth through applying fresh thinking, specialist mid-life experience and technology. Our skill lies in finding undiscovered efficiencies to increase production and reserves. We apply forensic attention to detail, re-interpreting subsurface data and leveraging the existing infrastructure to redevelop and re-energise fields. Our activities range from well-work and drilling to near-field exploration.
The Cost Control Accountant is responsible for assisting in performing cost analyses, preparing budget reports, building updated databases and managing cost information to maximize profitability of the company.
• Assist with the preparation of budgeting reports (for the company and for each department), periodic cost forecasts, and cost recoverable statement report
• Provide support in the construction of complex financial models
• Support periodic variance analyses and help with the preparation of periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual production costs
• Assist with the collection and validation of cost information and maintain an expenses database to be used for accruals
• Assist with the preparation of all cost reports (departmental OPEX + Projects), lifting schedule and revenue reports
• Support with providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting profitability, and identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
• Assist with periodical or ad hoc financial data analysis, queries, reconciliations and reports as needed
• Assist with ongoing reconciliations of various cost reports against software systems to ensure accuracy
• Support the month-end closing and reporting processes
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs evolve
• Bachelors and/or Masters’ Degree (preferred) in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration, etc.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, or Accountant
• Knowledge of and extensive experience in financial modelling
• High proficiency in MS Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, tables, and graph production) and in MS PowerPoint.
• Experience with the SAP FICO module
• Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting rules, financial reporting, technical skills