Name of Employer: AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
Job Title: Geologist
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ghana
To assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licences including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Geologist – Exploration for a period of six (6) months
• Assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licences, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
• Perform scouting of exploration activities on the lease Collect and evaluate regional geological, geochemical and geophysical data and information
• Assist in analytical compilation and assessment of regional exploration data and results Maintain high quality data collection, management and storage.
• Assist in the interpretation of geophysical and geochemical data and its resulting target generating exercise.
• Geological mapping and sampling of anomalies develop and rank Au targets for follow-up testing, drilling supervision and logging Monthly Reporting on Exploration progress and interpretation of results and data for Regional targets
• Collate all weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly exploration costs against budget, produce technical reports on regional exploration activities over these periods and prepare regional exploration monthly accruals.
• Ensure all geological duties on regional exploration assets and / or projects are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide training and supervision to Field Technicians
Desired Expertise and Skills:
• BSc in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geophysics Geosciences or Earth Science from a recognised institution operation and sampling
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in mining exploration industry with drill rig
• Experience in mapping, sedimentological core logging, exploration RC & D drilling and sampling
• Computer literate and the ability to use mining and exploration software to analyse numerical and graphical data
• GIS application in mineral exploration and knowledgeable in both sedimentary and hydrothermal deposits systematically and not under pressure with quality of work as a priority Ability to work Abie to identify risk analyse and solve problems and good communication skills
• Be able to embrace new techniques and technologies, and be interested in keeping up to date on industry requirements and advancements
• Have a good work ethic and be goal oriented
• Medical Fitness for the position and the environment
• Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
How To Apply