13th German-African Energy Forum
Under the theme “Realising & Financing Africa’s Energy Revolution”, the 13th German-African Energy Forum will highlight the most promising areas for investment opportunities and energy cooperation between German companies and Africa as well as fcus on the financing of energy projects on the African continent.
In addition to new financing opportunities, e.g. within the context of the G20 Compact with Africa, innovative approaches for financing off-grid projects and financing partnerships, the conference will also focus on digitalisation in the energy sector, renewable energies such as hydropower and hybrid systems, and the thermal recycling of waste.
African delegates benefit from a special discounted price and the Chamber encourages all members and partners across our network to participate and seek opportunities with German companies during the forum. More information can be found at www.energyafrica-forum.com/.
Program Highlights include:
- High level outlook: Can Africa fund its own energy revolution?
- Digitalization in the energy sector
- Partnering for energy finance
- Renewable energies / hydropower and hybrid systems: stabilizing energy supply
- G20 Compact with Africa: African-German cooperation in the energy sector
- Innovative off -grid financing models
- Waste-to-energy: What role will waste play in Africa’s future energy mix?
Ministers that have already officially confirmed their attendance:
- Hon. Dr Bachir Ismaël Ouédraogo, Minister of Energy, Burkina Faso
- Hon. Dr Seleshi Bekele Awulachew, Minister of Water, Irrigation and Energy, Ethiopia
- Hon. Dr. Taliby Cheick Sylla, Minister of Energy and Hydraulics, Guinea
- Hon. Aggrey C. Masi, Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining, Malawi
- Hon. Aziz Rabbah, Minister of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development, Morocco
- Hon. Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Nigeria
- Hon. Mustapha Baba Shehuri, Minister of State for Power, Housing and Works, Nigeria
- Hon. Dr Morie Manyeh, Minister of Mines & Mineral Resources, Sierra Leone
- Hon. Abdirahid Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Somalia
- Hon. Jeff Radebe, Minister of Energy, South Africa
- Hon. Ezekiel Lol Gatkouth, Minister of Petroleum, South Sudan
- Hon. Marc Dèdèriwè Abli-Bidamon, Minister of Mining and Energy, Togo
- Dr Boubacar Mbodji, Special Technical Adviser of the President of Senegal